Thursday 21 August 2014

final

After I made the sub-text slightly smaller and the title slightly bigger, I got it printed. I chose a satin paper as it would go better with the photographic nature of my design. The colours ended up being slightly more blue than I had intended but I preferred it to the purple tones that it had when printed on the school's printer. I feel the blue also makes it more sad/ sombre.



Rationale:

My poster against superstores communicates the plight of workers who manufacture goods for superstores through pathos. The bloody handprint on the package shocks the viewer and reflects the poor conditions and abuse the workers suffer. It also blames superstores  with ‘blood on their hands’. The handprint is upsidedown to show that this abuse is wrong and seems to reach out to the recipient of package/viewer for help but with no hope. This handprint and the angle of the box leads the eye down to the main point ‘buy local‘ which offers a solution to the initial shock of the image. The image of the package is centred and isolated creating an atmosphere of desolation. I used the Kmart logo as they are a superstore with ties to sweatshops and are relatable to a New Zealand audience.


I went and put an A3 copy of poster in context on street.



No comments:

Post a Comment